The Project encourages commenters to adhere to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality developed guidelines which have been adopted, below, to ensure high-quality comments:
- Be objective and constructive in your review and provide feedback that will help the authors to improve the draft report.
- Do not make derogatory personal comments or unfounded accusations.
- Ensure that your review is based on the merits of the work and not influenced, either positively or negatively, by any personal, financial, or other conflicting considerations or by intellectual biases.
- Be specific in your criticisms, and provide evidence with appropriate references to substantiate general statements.
- Remember it is the committee’s report, do not attempt to rewrite it to your own preferred style if is basically sound and clear; suggestions for changes that improve clarity are, however, important.
- Make clear which suggested additional investigations are essential to support claims made in the draft and which will just strengthen or extend the work.
- Make suggestions that are based on valid academic or technological reasons.